Automobile accidents can be very upsetting, and the process to recover your losses does not make the accident any easier. Dealing with the insurance companies can be very confusing when you are unfamiliar with the terms they use and are unsure about the value of your case. Most automobile accident matters are handled by lawyers experienced in dealing with insurance companies and their attorneys.
Usually the first step is to contact the insurance companies involved and determine the exact amount of insurance coverage available.
Then we gather the facts:
- Police reports
- Traffic tickets issued by the police
- Photos of the accident scene
- Names and phone numbers of witnesses and what they saw
- Medical records and bills
- Photos of your injuries
- Wage stubs to prove what you were making at the time of the accident and how much work you are missing as a result of the injury
- Negotiate with the insurance company so you can be properly compensated for your injuries. At this stage it is important to know the true value of your case.
Do you need an Attorney Experienced in Auto Accidents?
If you or a loved one have been injured in an auto accident, you should call Pepper and Nason at (304) 346-0361 immediately to learn more about preserving your rights and remedies.